Everyday the phrase “Responsive web design” is coming up in conversations more frequently than ever before, why?
This is because responsive web design is the answer to all your front-end development options focused on synching multiple devices with a single site. This basically means that it helps create websites which require little or no resizing, panning, and scrolling, when used across numerous popular devices. It essentially eliminates the need to have separate sites for different devices, truly a revolution indeed.
Responsive web designing helps deliver the content a user is looking for on the device they chose to use, without the hassle of modifying it to fit in a specific screen size. It makes using the internet all the more fluid and easy for users of almost any device and is the next step in the evolution of communication in the future.
Is it the Future of Communication?
Times have changed dramatically and everyday something new is brought forwards for the benefit of the consumer. A recent market study shows that for the first time n recent years, sale figures for PC’s has fallen lower than ever before. This is because now people are turning towards more convenient options for surfing the web, like their tablets and smartphones. This scenario could spell a disaster for designers of popular websites, since now every site needs to be able to show perfectly on screen sizes of different proportions. However, thanks to responsive web designing, the industry has risen to the occasion and faced this challenge with ease. Remember, that the world is finally turning away from desktops and conventional screen sizes, due to the revolutionary new devices being introduced everyday. In such a scenario, instead of fighting this change, it is time to embrace it and move with the flow.
What To Expect:
However, let’s not get carried away by technology and remember that responsive web design is in its infancy at the moment, and there are so many possibilities and opportunities yet to be explored and developed that to it. Here are some of the real challenges being faced in the meantime, while others are being solved as you read this article:
- The biggest issue so far is Advertising on websites. Just like websites, advertising banners too need to be treated to guarantee their placements on sites.
- The next big issue could be information architecture. To fit the bill of new age IT it needs to be hierarchically structured and carefully thought out.
- Next thing is the loading time of sites on mobile devices. However, this has more to do with the shortsightedness of the developers, than the program itself.
- Another thing that needs attention is educating the market. Customers need to be explained why responsive web design is worth the extra money they are being charged to spend on their site design.
Why it is here to Stay:
The Utility and benefits of responsive web design are quite obvious when you see one site performing equally well across all platforms and devices. Even from the site maintenance point of view, it is an undeniable benefit, since one update shows improvement across all platforms.Responsive web designing also offers numerous SEO advantages in usability, non-duplicate content and cross-platform link building.
Here is Why?
- It is the next BIG thing in the field of web designing and with the way it is gaining momentum, it seems like its going to not just stay and get better, it’s all you’ll see in the future.
- The world is switching to convenient hand held devices and that is why the old school conventional website design is becoming more or less redundant.
- It is the best thing that ever happened for those looking for consistent digital branding.
Although, the benefits of responsive web design are now as clear as day for people to see, in some cases it is still a good idea to use a traditional blend of sits for mobile and desktop surfing. To make sure you get the best solution for your website, approach a seasoned and in-touch-with-the-times web developer company like estore seller. eStore Seller will help you navigate towards what best serves your brands interest, in stead of just trying to get the most out of your pocket.